- The City of uMhlathuze is the third largest municipality in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Located on the north-east coast of the province, it is a strategically
placed aspirant metropolitan due its close proximity to Durban.
- Likewise it is home to the country's largest deep-water port and an
industrial development zone and enjoys the associated economic spin-offs.
- The John Ross Parkway, the major access road to the City from the inland
provinces, is in the process of
- being upgraded and rehabilitated. The road boasts the country's longest
road bridge and has been designed
- to meet the growing transport needs of the City in line with development
plans of the CBD and harbour.
- The City of uMhlathuze comprises the economic powerhouse of Richards Bay
and Empangeni, and its supporting areas of Esikhawini, Ngwelezane, Nseleni,
Felixton, Vulindlela, and rural areas.
- Some 796km2 falls under the jurisdiction of one of South Africa's most
sophisticated local authorities, which is focusing on attracting more
industrial, commercial and tourism investment to the region on the north coast
of Zululand in KwaZulu-Natal.
- uMhlathuze Municipality is not only financially sound, but also offers
investors and visitors first class facilities, services and infrastructure.